Chausson - Le Roi Arthus (VOD)

The Paris Opera is now renting out some of its productions at 7.90 euros a pop (why 7.90 and not 8 or 10 I don't know but that's their business). I've attended and written about most of their selection, which pointedly does not include some things I'd most like to see again: Warlikowski's Makropoulos and Parsifal - yes, for Warlikowski, even I would pay for Parsifal - both of which have sunk without trace. 

One of the works up for rental is Graham Vick's odd 2015 take on Chausson's Le Roi Arthus. Odd to watch, but as I remember it, Jordan's most magnificent heure de gloire as music director here. I may well rent it one evening this week and watch it over a bowl of beans or pasta.

This is the link to my article about it.

And this is the link to the 'Opéra chez soi' (opera at home) selection on the ONP's website.


©Andrea Messana/OnP


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rameau - Hippolyte et Aricie

Händel - Giulio Cesare

Gounod - Roméo et Juliette